«Nihon koku” – 日本国 – literally means “the birthplace of the Sun”. Mysterious Eastern country with the romantic name “the land of the rising sun” is now one of the most economically developed countries in the world. Japanese culture is one of very ancient. First signs of colonization of the Japanese archipelago appeared about 40 thousand years before our era. In the 3rd century of our era, the most powerful Principality of Japan was a land ruled by a woman. Until the 12th century of our era, traditional marriages were polygamous. Men had several wives. They lived in different houses, he visited them and lived with each for several weeks. But since then the tradition has changed, every Japanese is, by law, can only have one wife.
• In the middle ages marriage was allowed to create military or economic coalition between families. To search for a suitable candidate for groom hired a special SWAT – nakodo. Responsible for a dysfunctional marriage too carried nakodo.
• In the Edo period marriages could be concluded even without the presence of bride and groom.
• Decision of marriage taken by the parents of the bride and groom until the mid 20th century.
• To the arranged marriages still have a positive attitude, because the members of noble families decided to marry Continue reading
For the life of a person must be a little: to eat, to sleep warm and have sex. Interesting, but in most people, the last item dominates the first two: it is better to be hungry and sleepy, but fully satisfied in their personal lives. Today we offer a selection of the most strange and unusual sexual traditions in the world.
Tibet. On a deserted Tibetan territories was practiced something similar, but here the girl could not marry until, until you get 20 lovers. In small tribes, where almost all had each other’s relatives, to realize this was impossible, so becoming a bride, she went to the feat. Alone or together with his mother she came out on the road though occasionally passed the travelers, and offered a night of love in exchange for a small gift. By the way, to collect these Souvenirs the girls told me not greed and accountability, the return to the tribe the elders had to demonstrate not less than twenty gifts. However, it affected not only unmarried girls, but also quite family ladies. Any guest of the tribe, who drew attention to the wife of the owner of the house had a right to spend the night with her, and most of the tribe is promised prosperity and wealth.
Tips and advice on trip to Japan
It is important !!!
– Not accepted Smoking in public places, in offices, depots and railway platforms, as well as in homes and cars without the owner’s permission.
– You can not step booted foot on straw mats “tatami” is regarded as sacrilege. This particularly applies to dwellings or to visit temples.
– You should also change shoes in special Slippers before and after using the toilet.
Gratuities and taxes
– Tipping is not customary. An attempt to tip may be considered offensive.
– In the expensive hotels and restaurants to the value accounts often to pay the service fee in the amount of 10-15%
The customs and traditions of Japan
The number of traditions and rituals that are required or recommended for compliance, is huge. Almost all spheres of life of the country is permeated by a network of traditions and ceremonies, especially noticeable in the communication between people.
– The Japanese carefully and lovingly refer to nature, admire the natural beauty of the landscape, Continue reading