«Nihon koku” – 日本国 – literally means “the birthplace of the Sun”. Mysterious Eastern country with the romantic name “the land of the rising sun” is now one of the most economically developed countries in the world. Japanese culture is one of very ancient. First signs of colonization of the Japanese archipelago appeared about 40 thousand years before our era. In the 3rd century of our era, the most powerful Principality of Japan was a land ruled by a woman. Until the 12th century of our era, traditional marriages were polygamous. Men had several wives. They lived in different houses, he visited them and lived with each for several weeks. But since then the tradition has changed, every Japanese is, by law, can only have one wife.
• In the middle ages marriage was allowed to create military or economic coalition between families. To search for a suitable candidate for groom hired a special SWAT – nakodo. Responsible for a dysfunctional marriage too carried nakodo.
• In the Edo period marriages could be concluded even without the presence of bride and groom.
• Decision of marriage taken by the parents of the bride and groom until the mid 20th century.
• To the arranged marriages still have a positive attitude, because the members of noble families decided to marry Continue reading
Basic customs and traditions of China
China – amazing and beautiful country, which annually attracts millions of tourists from all corners of the globe to explore not only its attractions, but also to look at the life of the local people, their culture.
Of course, each country has its own special customs, traditions, a certain way of life. And the exception here is China – one of the oldest countries in the world with its rich traditions and customs, rooted deeply in history. The Chinese traditions are an important part and integral part of Chinese culture in General.
China – a huge multi-ethnic country, and every single nationality has its own traditions and idiosyncrasies manifested in the manner of eating and dress, in lifestyle, in conducting rituals and ceremonies and many other things.
So, the staple food in the South is the rice, and the inhabitants of the Northern regions give preference to flour products. Uzbeks, Kazakhs and Uyghurs like to eat the lamb kebab.Among the Mongols in honor fried thick docks, and the Koreans eat cold noodles. As for dress codes, there are also differences: manjuri are “either male or female garments” (female typical dress with Chinese embroidery and paintings); the Tibetans – “Chub” (long caftan); the Uighurs – embroidered skullcaps; the women Continue reading
Tips and advice on trip to Japan
It is important !!!
– Not accepted Smoking in public places, in offices, depots and railway platforms, as well as in homes and cars without the owner’s permission.
– You can not step booted foot on straw mats “tatami” is regarded as sacrilege. This particularly applies to dwellings or to visit temples.
– You should also change shoes in special Slippers before and after using the toilet.
Gratuities and taxes
– Tipping is not customary. An attempt to tip may be considered offensive.
– In the expensive hotels and restaurants to the value accounts often to pay the service fee in the amount of 10-15%
The customs and traditions of Japan
The number of traditions and rituals that are required or recommended for compliance, is huge. Almost all spheres of life of the country is permeated by a network of traditions and ceremonies, especially noticeable in the communication between people.
– The Japanese carefully and lovingly refer to nature, admire the natural beauty of the landscape, Continue reading