«Nihon koku” – 日本国 – literally means “the birthplace of the Sun”. Mysterious Eastern country with the romantic name “the land of the rising sun” is now one of the most economically developed countries in the world. Japanese culture is one of very ancient. First signs of colonization of the Japanese archipelago appeared about 40 thousand years before our era. In the 3rd century of our era, the most powerful Principality of Japan was a land ruled by a woman. Until the 12th century of our era, traditional marriages were polygamous. Men had several wives. They lived in different houses, he visited them and lived with each for several weeks. But since then the tradition has changed, every Japanese is, by law, can only have one wife.
• In the middle ages marriage was allowed to create military or economic coalition between families. To search for a suitable candidate for groom hired a special SWAT – nakodo. Responsible for a dysfunctional marriage too carried nakodo.
• In the Edo period marriages could be concluded even without the presence of bride and groom.
• Decision of marriage taken by the parents of the bride and groom until the mid 20th century.
• To the arranged marriages still have a positive attitude, because the members of noble families decided to marry Continue reading
Tips and advice on trip to Japan
It is important !!!
– Not accepted Smoking in public places, in offices, depots and railway platforms, as well as in homes and cars without the owner’s permission.
– You can not step booted foot on straw mats “tatami” is regarded as sacrilege. This particularly applies to dwellings or to visit temples.
– You should also change shoes in special Slippers before and after using the toilet.
Gratuities and taxes
– Tipping is not customary. An attempt to tip may be considered offensive.
– In the expensive hotels and restaurants to the value accounts often to pay the service fee in the amount of 10-15%
The customs and traditions of Japan
The number of traditions and rituals that are required or recommended for compliance, is huge. Almost all spheres of life of the country is permeated by a network of traditions and ceremonies, especially noticeable in the communication between people.
– The Japanese carefully and lovingly refer to nature, admire the natural beauty of the landscape, Continue reading
Today, sushi is one of the most popular dishes in the world. However, most often in Russia, Europe and America under this name serves something which is very far from the original. That is why we will talk about how to make real sushi in Japan.
The dish, dubbed “sushi” (“sushi”) in Japan, appeared in the VII century. It was prepared as follows: raw fish sprinkled with salt and mixed with rice, and then it all fit under the stone press for several months and was resting. This technology is considered one of the oldest methods of preservation. Even the character for sushi translates as “pickled fish”. Since then, the technique of making sushi is constantly changing: in the XVII century in Japan, a huge spread of rice vinegar, which is added to sushi, to give the dish spicy. In addition, under the “sushi” was hiding not already marinated, and raw fish.
Modern look dish acquired only in the nineteenth century. Its Creator can be considered a Japanese chef, Cohea, who concocted rice ball, coated it wasabi (Japanese horseradish that has a antimicrobial properties), and on top put a piece of raw fish. This type of sushi is called nigiri – it was with him and began a triumphal procession of Japanese dishes around the world. Today there are several types of this famous Japanese dish:
Nigiri Continue reading