Tips and advice on trip to Japan
It is important !!!
– Not accepted Smoking in public places, in offices, depots and railway platforms, as well as in homes and cars without the owner’s permission.
– You can not step booted foot on straw mats “tatami” is regarded as sacrilege. This particularly applies to dwellings or to visit temples.
– You should also change shoes in special Slippers before and after using the toilet.
Gratuities and taxes
– Tipping is not customary. An attempt to tip may be considered offensive.
– In the expensive hotels and restaurants to the value accounts often to pay the service fee in the amount of 10-15%
The customs and traditions of Japan
The number of traditions and rituals that are required or recommended for compliance, is huge. Almost all spheres of life of the country is permeated by a network of traditions and ceremonies, especially noticeable in the communication between people.
– The Japanese carefully and lovingly refer to nature, admire the natural beauty of the landscape, Continue reading
Five days before international women’s day in Japan as a warm-up celebrating the holiday girls. Generally March in Japan is traditionally considered to be women’s month.
And today, March 3rd, celebrate the Holiday girls, who affectionately called Hina Matsuri – holiday of Hina dolls or Momo-but the secca (Momo-no Sekku — the feast of the peach blossom. By the way, and we have many girls call themselves “peaches” – and in General, and in particular.
In ancient times girls Holiday celebrated on the third day of the third month just as a seasonal event. At this time, the peasants were relatively free from agricultural work and could enjoy the first warm days, when you started flowering peach trees.
On this day in noble families were invited exorcists who have made special prayer services, aimed at all the troubles people have switched to paper dolls, which were then taken to swim in the river or sea. These dolls were called “nagashi-Bina”, which means – you’ll be surprised, get ready, friends, to the surprise – “dolls, lowered for the river.”
And remember the famous Japanese tradition of origami: make funny these cranes of paper, and it is believed that the one who will Continue reading