The Amazing customs of different countries
In Norway it is not customary to give place to older people in transport. It is believed that you emphasize their physical superiority.
In the USA it is not customary to pay the restaurant for the woman. It is believed that these men emphasize their financial superiority.
In China it is customary to slurp away, but otherwise the hosts may find their food unpalatable. Silently there in China is to insult the owners and cooks. Sauces and spattered the tablecloth after a meal is proof that you ate with gusto and it was delicious.
In China it is not customary to bring flowers to the hostess. It is believed that this stress guests, this house is so ugly that they bring decorations with them.
In Finland it is not customary to make public compliments. It is considered that the public are not considered compliments.
In Norway it is not customary to do a lot of compliments in the face, to praise (except your family) is considered a flattery, a man loses a lot in society. In school it is not customary to praise a pupil in the presence of all the others, to declare the assessment is to put it above all the others. Not supposed to ask, what sick, is it a good feeling when you come to work when sick. In Russia it is considered to show sympathy and attention. Here is indecent, it is too intimate things.
In Greece it is not recommended to praise the guests in a kind of vase or picture, otherwise the owner will have to give it to you.
Sign “thumb up” in some countries indicates “That’s how I got you well heated”.
In the USA in addition to payment of the invoice is not accepted still a lot of things: a woman to open the door, help something to convey – it is considered that as the man shows his superiority; and to make compliments about appearance, etc. – it could be construed as sexual harassment.
Some considered that it is impossible to wash dishes in someone’s house – happiness wash away. Walked here together, help the owners to clean – vacuum in, please, and the dishes in any case.
If there is away in South Korea while trying to hold back tears and running snot (the food is very, very sharp) – it is possible to pass the extremely rude man who despises hospitality. the best compliment to the chef (the owner) is crying and snot.
Not taken to curb the belching of Mongolia and Buryatia – like, without burping the guest is hungry, need to feed.
In Japan and Norway is not customary to give odd number of flowers. It is believed that the unpaired lonely flower. Odd numbers are on the grave, the funeral.
In Japan to blow your nose at people is taboo.
In India, in the family circle, do not say “thanks”. It is believed that family members should not thank each other
In Central Asia the guest in a bowl pour the tea little by little. It is believed that if poured full, we drink up and go. And pouring 1/3, can be a long talk. This is called “sincerely” and “respect”. In the first case, the owner vigilantly guest and he constantly adds fresh gulls.
In China believe that to give fresh flowers is impossible. It is a symbol of death “they will die soon”. But artificial – a sweet soul. “They are eternal”.
In China to give something to do with the number 4 was just a bad thing to do. 4 – the symbol of death, where even the floors are 1-2-3-5-6-7-9.
To sit with her legs crossed, one foot pointing at the interlocutor in many South-Eastern countries of horrible insult the interlocutor. Pat on the head.
The Arabs have not accepted to transfer the mouthpiece of the hookah from hand to hand, it is the coercion type. Put on the table. We have the opposite.
In Japan it is not customary to leave work before the boss.
In Russia it is not customary to praise children. Afraid of the evil eye. Historically even gave the names such that the name is not defined human – type Nenashev. In Russia is not made in response to the question “How” to answer “Everything is great”. For the same reason.
In Georgia it is customary that the guest Cup was always full, even if you drink no longer want. So if polite guest drinks every time a treat to the bottom, and the owner will be forced to continue to pour wine for him.
Fall 29 Nov 2012
Remember how often you’ve heard the phrase: “What are you doing?! It’s so filthy!” or “Ugh, it’s gross” or “AI-ya-Yai, it’s very rude to do. “Probably more than once.
However, I hope these were few, and if there were you treated them certainly is easy and famous with a bit of humor. If not – take the time to indulge in shame, by showing others that you are not at ease. The world is full of conventions, which relates to seriously at times makes no sense. This proves that actually it was considered indecent not so long ago (or is considered as such to this day):
1. In Thailand is very indecent to touch the head of the interlocutor during conversation, and how to clap him on the shoulder. These two manifestations is a gesture of tenderness, show tenderness in Thailand – top indecency.
2. In the USA poor women can’t smarten up in a public place, that is, you see, is considered wildly inappropriate. And look at the man in the mirror – even crappier. So God forbid!
3. In 20-ies of the last century Twoness in Russian schools life was great, because intelligently written were considered inappropriate. It showed a lack of belonging to the class of the proletariat. Unusual, then, that literate people could shlopotat in full, because beyond that they absolutely could write a denunciation.
4. Another extreme – at the turn of the past two centuries you would have thought 1,000 times before you buy a plot of land for building villas with area of less than 10-12 acres. Then it’s somehow considered inappropriate. (If the type major, then be it, but no – and stick to being a redneck!)
5. Britain has become famous for that here it is considered extremely indecent. knit in humans. This is despite the fact that in knitting. as it turned out there addicted men, and for men all sorts of conditionality – an empty phrase.
6. Bulgaria – primitive obscenely bad country for nondrinkers. Here even before recent time was considered highly indecent to drink a little. If you drink less than one and a half liters of wine a day: shame on you and a General censure ) it is Clear that to a greater extent this rule applies to men.
7. Japan is a country of traditions I. all sorts of conventions. Here, for example, during the tea ceremony it is impossible to sit cross-legged, and if you pull them to the side of a neighbor – you feel cheeky. Because of this, the poor Japanese sit on their heels.
8. You seem unusual, but gloves a long time ago-a long time ago it was considered indecent to wear on people. They were considered the home stretch accessory.
9. According to the rules of etiquette, not to talk to the man half-turned. This rule came from the Russian boyar estates. It is also impossible to come to examine you from head to toe (I would add, especially if your eyes are bulging). Argue with that, of course, is difficult: you not only can hurt his visitor, but also to deprive it of its temper, which in some cases can be dangerous.
10. in the 19th century it was considered inappropriate to dance with a lady more than 3 times. A second later he was already dancing and it was necessary to change the partner, if certainly, her companion was not going to marry her. Oh lucky man: he is at one point could communicate with a bunch of girls tying itself does not!